||Day Hike - Out and Back
||10.0 miles / 16.1 km
||2,100 feet / 640 meters
||8,400 feet / 2,560 meters
||10,500 feet / 3,200 meters
- All Year Long
|Things To See:
- Lake Views
- Mountain Views
||Trail has not been rated.
||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
* Griffith Peak Trail offers an interesting variety of vegetation along with spectacular views of Las Vegas, Lake Mead, Pahrump, Lovell Canyon, and Kyle Canyon.
* The trail begins with an easy ascent through pinon pines and scrub oak as it follows an old road for the first two miles.
* Shortly after leaving the road, the trail becomes steeper. It meanders through white firs, ponderosa pines, and grassy meadows with colorful flowers. While climbing higher, the vegetation becomes sparser as the trail reaches the bristlecone pine forest.
* After traveling 5 miles, it reaches the junction with South Loop Trail. The trail to the right descends into Kyle Canyon to Cathedral Picnic Area. The trail that continues straight ahead leads to Charleston Peak.
* No water is available, please bring your own.